2.14.2012

More to "Seeing" than Watching

Psalm 139 tells us "O Lord, You have searched me and you know me."  It is an interesting reminder that God searches our hearts.  He can see and discern what is inside of us - good and bad!  Verse 4 of that Psalm goes on to say, "Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord."
Depending upon on your typical responses to people - this can be a good thing or a bad thing.  God sees the response before we utter it!  But as we are tuned in to his Spirit (as it says at the end of Gal. 5 to "keep in step with the Spirit") we can be sure to encourage when encouragement is needed and we can be sure to exhort, challenge or come alongside someone when that is the need and when we see people the way that God sees them!
However, on the other hand, if we tend to be critical and to not be in tune with the Spirit then He also sees our normal and natural response to situations which may not be so positive.  
I love that God tells us In Hebrews 4:12 that as we read His Word, it reveals to us our internal motives. It shows us who we really are and then we have a choice with what we will do with that revelation.
2 Chronicles 16:9 (NIV)
"For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. ..."
He sees our actions and He discerns our motives.  
He strengthens the heart of those who have made a firm commitment to live to glorify God.
I want a strong heart!
Make this your prayer today:
"O Lord, as you search me and as you watch my actions would you show me how to be completely committed to you?  I want to love you with all of my heart, soul and mind. I want my thoughts, my words and my actions that follow to be pleasing to you and to bring glory to you.  Use me to plant seeds that will bring someone a step closer to the cross today."
  

No comments: