2.07.2012

It's Crazy How God Works!

I shared last how I committed to praying for the car in front of me when I was tempted to yell at them for driving too slow, right?  Well, last week was pretty amazing in this way.
Eight times last week I found myself behind drivers that were just plodding along at speeds well BELOW the speed limits.  However, I was reminded every time to pray for them and so I did.
  • I prayed that God would touch their lives.
  • I prayed that they would encounter and experience the love of God this day.
  • I prayed that their hearts would be open to hear from God,
  • and I prayed that they would be blessed by God in some way.
Then I thought about God - The first thing that I thought about (I must confess) was how infinite He was and I think that was prompted by how long I was feeling like it was going to take us to get our destination!
Here is the absolutely amazing praise that I offer up to My God in this post today...
Last week I spent eight times in worship of my God that I would have normally spent in sin by verbally berating other drivers.  God spoke to my heart and prompted me to practice what I have been preaching and to find one more way to live in His presence in another moment of my day.
 
I do not share this to boast about me or my accomplishments but to give praise and honor to My God for helping me address a very specific area of sin that I was ignoring and to replace it with a few more moments in His presence during my day.  What I have found to be incredible is that when I allow myself to be aware of the Spirit in my life, I actually open myself up to correcting sin and improving worship at the same time.
It is Philippians 4:8 in practice!  Praise be to God for His Holy Spirit being freed up to act in another area of my life - let Him do the same in your life today!  Pray for other drivers and see how that causes you to focus upon Him rather than freely feed our sinful nature! 

No comments: