12.20.2009

Christmas "Sunday" Morning Excitement

One of my favorite Sundays of the year is the Sunday before Christmas! It always seems like there is a buzz of excitement, an extra portion of good cheer and special greeting and hugs. It seems like there are kids that are REALLY over the top excited about the next week! Christmass break for the school age kids has begun. Everyone is asking "What are you doing over Christmas?" and the service is usually just right!
I am grateful for a church full of love, mercy, grace and compassion. It seems this way almost always and yet right now even moreso.
Yesterday, good friends of ours, Dave and Sue Knight, and my wife and I were able to get together and sort out all of the "Have a Heart" food items for the six families (five from Osceola Grace and one we are connecting with through Awana) for which we collected food and gifts for the holidays. We had a ball and this morning and one night this week we all get to deliver these special gifts thanks to the generosity of MY church family.
I love my church family - I really do. Even when we behave just like family and have squabbles. It is always good to know that forgiveness is there. A quick smile or hug to heal the wounds that we cause each other. A special note or card.
God has placed us together in this body to work side by side to expand His kingdom for His glory. There is no other place I would rather be!
Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: