12.16.2009

Christmas Sacrifices

It is so cool to be able to see the way our church body comes alive when called to help those that are less fortunate this time of the year. Just two weeks ago we started a quick drive to Christmas by putting together a Christmas tree with hearts on it that had various needs of six different families. God has made these needs apparent and it was exciting to see the hearts leave the tree that first Sunday! We have seen people sign up to bring in food for those families, too!

James says "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. {16} If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? {17} In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. {18} But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do."

Sometimes, you have to give up some of what you have in mind for yourself to meet the needs of others – Jesus taught it. Jesus modeled it. Jesus challenges us to do it. The real question is… are you sacrificing to meet the needs or simply doing it from out of your abundance?

Christ sacrificed.

Christ walked away from the privilege of heaven.

Christ set aside His rights.

Am I like Christ? Or do I hang on to what I deserve or have earned for myself through hard work?

We are instructed to think, live and respond in a manner that is different than the world. DO WE? Do YOU?

Do you forgive like God has?

Do you love like God does?

Do you think with the mind of Christ? Are you sure? Have you examined yourself lately in light of the Word of God?


 

I love seeing my church family behave like a Christ – but is it only for a season? Is it a lifestyle? Are we LIVING the part every day?

I think we are striving to live the part – From what I see and hear, people are letting the Word of God change them – I know it's changing me. I think there is a new and fresh feeling around Osceola Grace. Let's connect to the body and to the Head. Let's BE Christ all year long!

No comments: