3.24.2014

A Survey to Which You Can Honestly Respond!

 Serving others.   

How do you feel about this?

Really, I am curious. 

Comment below as to what your immediate thought is about “SERVING OTHERS”. 
  • Christ commanded it – but that does not mean we have to like it.
  • Christ DID it – but, truth be told, we do not always REALLY want to model what Christ modeled.
  •  Christ lived it out because it was a large part of his purpose for his arrival on the planet. (Philippians 2:6-7)

Regardless of all of that.  How do you feel about serving other people?  Seriously.

There are several approaches to this question so consider where you stand and who are you serving…
  1. If you ARE NOT a Christ Follower and you have a chance to serve people that are non-church goers – How do you feel about serving them?
  2. If you ARE NOT a Christ Follower and you a chance to serve people that are church goers and call themselves Christ followers – How do you feel about serving them?
  3. If you ARE a Christ follower and you a chance to serve people that are non-church goers – How do you feel about serving them?
  4. If you ARE a Christ follower and you a chance to serve people that are church goers and call themselves fellow Christ followers – How do you feel about serving them?

Answer the two questions above that are true of you and relate to people whom you could be serving.

I want to remind myself and my readers of what the Word of God says about “Serving Others”  but I am interested in your responses first!

I know how I feel about it and I know how I have felt about it.  

I want to hear from you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a believer and I have served both non-believers and believers.I really don't feel different serving one group or the other. Galatians 6:10 says,"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. to do this we must follow Jesus example as set forth in Philippians 2:5-8, "In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!" The key here is humility and obedience. Paul said a similar thing in Acts 20:18-20,"You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents.You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house." I can't do that on my own. Humility is a fruit of the Spirit and its only in His power that I'm able to humble myself and set aside my pride and self and then be able to serve others. Apart from Him I can do nothing. In my flesh I am selfish and self-centered.