1.06.2011

One person can make a difference

I like inspirational stories. They inspire me. I guess that is what they are intended to do but I long to be an inspirational story someday and I think that watching the real ones really gets to me.

What I begin to realize is that I actually may be an inspirational story to someone and I do not even know it. Watch this and realize that making a difference happens one person at a time. Boom.

This is what makes "good" movies great and what makes an "average" novel superior. The idea that one person can inspire change, momentum, a movement or a ground swell is the idea that YOU could be that catalyst.

Think about it – Spartacus, Troy, Gladiator, Invictus. Great movies that revolve around a key character motivating legions or teams to act. Lord of the Rings and the humility of Frodo Baggins changed the course of Middle Earth. John F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan – all people that were wildly popular regardless of your political preferences and changed the course of the known world through their leadership.

But what about you? What about me? What can we do to make a difference in this world. Well, it starts with a commitment to a cause and then, secondly, by choosing to act. Choosing to do it even if all the details are not final, even if the outcome is not certain, even if failure is too real of an option but by not acting you KNOW you are doing wrong.

Does it have to have a huge impact? No – as long as it has an impact it will be huge in the one person that it impacts. YOU can make a difference – read about this man that did with almost no budget – Click Here.

It's Time to Act. Whom will you serve? Whom will you obey? When will you take the chance? For me it is Jesus Christ and NOW! Will you join me?

No comments: