11.06.2008

Like Zeke – I Speak

It seems like I learn more and more what being a pastor is all about – lonely yet surrounded by people, rewarding yet frustrating, busy yet slow moving with change, promising yet heart-breaking. I like most of it but there are parts that I don't like.

I like people – but sometimes – people hurt me.

I like seeing God work through and in people; changed lives are incredible – but it frustrates me when most of my time is spent trying to help someone fix a problem that stems from not following advice that was given in the first place.

I like teaching about what God teaches me – I find, though, that when I teach and people don't like what they hear – then I am "wrong" or a "bad teacher".

I like encouraging people to live a life worthy of the call – I don't like having to be "the watchman" and the "warning bell" because then you say the "hard things" and people have to decide where they stand.

Ezekiel was warned by God – "I have called you to be my watchman for Israel. You will speak my words and they will not respond. Tell them that this is the Word of God and that you are speaking it whether they listen or not." Zeke was told that if he obeyed and they responded – everyone wins but if he obeyed and they did not respond then he was free from the guilt of their punishment. He was also told that if he DID NOT speak and they stayed in sin or fell into sin then their sin was on his shoulders! Yikes!

So - Like Zeke – I speak.

Teach and share the truth. Please God – not men. Say the hard things – live the hard choices – endure the harsh criticism – pray for strength – cherish the good moments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We NEED to hear the hard stuff! Some may not like it but there are some of us who are just waiting for someone to rise up and just do it! Life is not a walk in the park, Some of us are tired of the "walk in the park" feeling. Its time to get real and personal! Get deeper because now that things are not looking good for America, we dont need deniel and ingorance. Its time to wake up and get real and thats means getting personal, letting the pride go from 100 to 1. Theres more to life than feeling empty at the end of the day. We need each other but it takes ALLL of us. Its time to get real! SAY the hard things, lets look past our status quo because in the end we are all brothers and sisters in Christ!