4.24.2008

F. to GROW challenge and Cool Story #3

Amazing and Divine Protection

I love the story of how the Old Testament prophet Elisha was informing the King of Israel of the ambushes and plans of the Aramean king and his army in order to prevent them from being trapped and captured.  He does it several times because the Lord has given him the information and finally the king of Aram is so frustrated as he finds our Elisha keeps foiling his plans that he brings his forces and surrounds the city where Elisha and his servant live.  Once again, God proves faithful in the protection of His servants. 

2 Kings 6:14-17 (NIV)

Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city. {15} When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked. {16} "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." {17} And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Would you pray for that kind of protection for you and me in the coming few days!

Another Story Time

I received this the other day and was so encouraged by the miracle that God has already done through people's lives in stories like this and so many others!

"I've hesitated to pass along my Free to Grow experience with God to anyone until now.

Last August a former (now deceased) plumbing mentor's daughter asked me to remodel her kitchen in January of 2008. I was honored to be asked and agreed to do so. The income I was to receive would pay for Christmas gifts for the family. That was my plan! Then, the Free to Grow plan was revealed shortly afterwards. I prayed about it and felt led to give any additional income above and beyond my forty hour a week job at the printing company during the month of January to Free to Grow. My additional income sources are from; plumbing, music performance and private music lessons. January seemed like the right month to commit due to the promised kitchen remodel job.

A couple months passed and the kitchen remodel date changed! It was moved to the week before Christmas! I thought God wanted that money! My plan stunk! OR He had a better plan. The latter prevailed.

After I spent the kitchen remodel money on Christmas for the family, opportunities came knocking.  January's additional income for music lessons increased by two new students.  I performed with music groups every weekend, and started and finished two large remodel projects, along with several smaller plumbing repair projects. My phone continued to ring all month long and I did not want to say no to anyone. As a side note here; the older I get, the more I say no to when it has to do with plumbing. (i.e I don't work in crawl spaces, clean drains, work in Elkhart or any part of Michigan and about twenty other excuses for not getting dirty.)

After January both Shannon and I were able to commit some additional monies in spite of Satan's numerous attempts to derail us. 

I had a plan. God had a better plan.

I believe with all my heart Free to Grow will succeed! 

Dave Lee"

God is faithful and always comes through as we live out His will each day!

No comments: